Valencia High School in Santa Clarita is seeking head coaches for both its boys and girls lacrosse programs. Nolan Godfrey, who ran both teams last season, has left the program.
The positions are available immediately. Last year, the Valencia boys’ team participated in the LA Mavs Fall League at Agoura, which begins in September. Last spring, the girls team finished 7-3-2 in its inaugural season. The boys varsity went 6-9.
The following is from the official job-posting announcement for both positions:
- Successful lacrosse coaching experience.
- Strong background in coaching student athletes while upholding the ideals of academic excellence, integrity, and sportsmanship.
- Thorough command of the rules of lacrosse, coaching strategies, and skills.
- Working knowledge of athletic policies and procedures of the William S. Hart Union District, the league, and the C.I.F.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work enthusiastically and productively with the Valencia High School administration and coaches.
- Ability to work collaboratively with the Athletic Director to instill high standards and expectations for all student athletes.
- Demonstrated outstanding organizational and leadership skills.
- Effective communication skills
- Professional demeanor when representing Valencia High School and the William S. Hart Union High School District
- Experience in working with budgets, booster organizations, inventory controls, and media representatives.
Candidates should send a letter of interest and a resume to Assistant Principal Chad Powell at Valencia High School. For additional questions or further information, contact Powell at email@example.com. Interested candidates also can contact Steve Swigert of the Valencia Lacrosse Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org.