The Valencia High School boys lacrosse team is searching for a head coach for its program for the 2019-20 school year. Additionally, the team is looking for interested assistants — once the head coach is hired, assistant coach interviews will commence.
However, the program is accepting assistant coach resumes in order to assist the new head coach. The program is expecting 17 incoming freshmen and will plan to field both a varsity and JV team.
Parties interested in the boys’ head coaching position should go to this link for additional information on how to apply:
The Valencia High School Girls lacrosse team is searching for two assistant coaches. The team is expecting as many as 70 players next year and will plan to field varsity, JV and freshman teams. Anyone who is interested should reach out to Coach Cynthia Hasseman at [email protected]
Questions on any of the above can be directed to [email protected].
DESIRED PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have a level 1 US lacrosse certification, level 2 or 3 preferred.
- Must be able to attend practice 5 days a week and all games throughout the season. (Obvious exceptions are acceptable.)
- Ability to provide leadership and organization within the guidelines and expectations of the school and
- Ability to manage within the established philosophy and policies of the athletic department, the school, this
district, and the CIF.
- A high level of knowledge in regard to coaching techniques and evidence of the ability to convey effectively
those techniques to young student-athletes.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all elements of the school community including players, parents, other
coaches, referees, and school administration.
- Willingness to participate in an offseason program.
- Experience in promoting a successful program to students, faculty, and community.
DESIRED PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Skill in working with people in a positive nature.
- Places high emphasis on student academic and social development in addition to physical development.
- Motivates and inspires student-athletes and coaches throughout the program.
- Assistants will work under the direction of the head coach to assure consistent methodologies and philosophies across the entire program.