The US Lacrosse girls postseason selection committee announced the 2018 tournament teams Sunday morning, with defending champion Redondo Union earning the No. 1 seed. The next three seeds are Palos Verdes, Westlake and Cate School.
Here are the first-round pairings for the 16-team Postseason Tournament, which begins Tuesday.
(16) Newbury Park at (1) Redondo Union
(9) Oak Park at (8) Royal
(13) Mira Costa at (4) Cate
(12) Marlborough at (5) Glendale
(15) Downey at (2) Palos Verdes
(10) Chaminade at (7) Agoura
(14) Palisades at (3) Westlake
(11) Birmingham at (6) West Ranch
Here are the first-round pairings for the eight-team Invitational Tournament, which begins Wednesday:
(8) El Segundo at (1) Oaks Christian
(5) Valencia at (4) Thousand Oaks
(7) Culver City at (2) Simi Valley
(6) Chadwick at (3) Dos Pueblos
Game times will be announced by the home teams. Second-round games will be played Thursday at the home field of the higher-seeded teams.