The US Lacrosse Greater LA chapter will hold a town hall meeting Saturday, Aug. 26, to engage the local lacrosse community in a conversation about the continued growth of the sport in the area.
The meeting is scheduled to run from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at Mira Costa HS in Manhattan Beach. Lunch will be served at noon, with the town hall to follow.
From the US Lacrosse Greater LA announcement:
Lacrosse is the FASTEST GROWING SPORT IN CALIFORNIA!
Come join the conversation and learn how you can be involved!
The LA Chapter of US Lacrosse wants to hear how we can help you start or grow lacrosse programs in your area. Whether you are a seasoned coach, a league administrator or program director, an athletic director thinking of adding V/JV programs, or a parent new to lacrosse looking to learn the sport, we need your input on how we can reach more athletes, support more programs and bolster the incredible growth of lacrosse in Los Angeles.
Some of our resources include:
- Support for new programs
- Coaches Training
- Referee Training
- PE Curricula
- Local leagues
- Grants for equipment, program costs, referee fees
- Resources for parents – program listings
- Resources for coaches – insurance, access to US Lacrosse videos, drills, professional development
- AD support – coaching vacancies and listings, directory of local CIF and club programs
- The LA Boys and Girls Playoffs
- All-Americans, All Stars, Women’s Division National Tournament Team
We are here to help!
LA US Lacrosse Town Hall Meeting
Saturday, Aug. 26
Mira Costa High School
1401 ARTESIA BLVD., MANHATTAN BEACH, CA 90266
» Park in the staff lot off of Peck Ave.; the cafeteria is on the west border of the parking lot. See map below.
Lunch: 12-1 p.m. -– Meet and greet with the LA Chapter Board.
Town Hall Meeting: 1-4 p.m.