The Greater LA Chapter of US Lacrosse is holding tryouts March 26 for the LA team that will compete in the Women’s National Tournament on May 26-28 at Yale University in New Have, Conn.
Last year, the LA entry, coached by former Oak Park coach Courtney Schneck and Jackie Harrison of Agoura HS, went 2-2 in its pool in the event held in Bethlehem, Pa.
High school freshmen, sophomores and juniors attending a school in Los Angeles, Ventura or Santa Barbara counties are eligible for the LA team.
Tryouts for this year’s team will be held March 26, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., at Santa Monica HS, and pre-registration is required.
- Tryouts are closed to the public – no spectators allowed (including coaches who are not working tryouts).
- Players should wear dark shorts and white tee shirts (no logos or affiliations).
- No school or club names on shirts, shorts or on any equipment. Tape must be used to cover any logo/names including goalie helmets.
- Players cannot wear distinguishing clothing or accessories that would make them stand out as a player.
- Bring water and a snack, if needed.
For more information, visit the Greater LA US Lacrosse chapter site.