Calabasas will enter its third season under Coach Don Bowers with what he says is the best starting unit in the program’s history. Bowers provided these things to watch for the Coyotes in 2018:
Things to Watch: Calabasas
• The Coyotes return eight starters from 2017 and look much different than in years past. Calabasas has a starting 10 this year that is its best in the program’s history.
• The offense is led at attack by Ian “Bean” Drescher, who played and won several tournament on the East Coast this summer with 802 Lacrosse, and Nolan Reiner. At midfield, Walker Koch leads a group that includes Cole Korchek, recent positional change Jaxon Underhill, who played attack last season, and sophomore East Coast transfer Salvador Eterovic.
• The defense will be led by Sierra Canyon transfer Will Vangelos, a two-time all-Gold Coast League selection, who joins seniors Zach Boyle and Sam Barnett. Sophomore goalie Sam Ruda returns to anchor the defense.
• The Coyotes are playing with several other programs in the Rogue Lacrosse fall program and will continue to run with Rogue through the winter tournament scene in preparation for the spring season.
• The Calabasas team also will be helping out with a new youth program joining the Southern California Lacrosse Association this spring. By working on teaching the fundamentals to young players, the Coyotes are focused on growing lacrosse in the area and giving back to the community.