Southern California has all the bases covered at the NCAA Division 1 men’s lacrosse championships this weekend. A total of eight players from Southern California high schools will be participating in the semi-finals. At least one of those eight players is guaranteed to emerge with a title because they are spread out amongst all of the Final Four.
Here is a viewer’s guide to help you track the So Cal players this weekend.
- No. 16 Anthony Demaio (Coronado ’16) played in 17 games for the Terps this year and started in three. The redshirt freshman is credited with 12 points this season (6 goals, 6 assists).
- No. 39 Ryder Mora (Loyola ’17) is a true freshman. He has seen action in two games thus far.
- No. 25 Stone Sims (San Clemente ’14) played in 17 games and started 16 for the Danes. The senior defenseman leads the team with 18 caused turnovers.
- No. 30 Hoyt Crance (Corona del Mar ’15) is a junior goalie who has played in four games this year.
- No. 33 Austin Bleibtreu (Brentwood School ’15) is a junior midfielder who played in four games this year and started in one.
- No. 24 Jake Seau (Bishop’s School ’14) has played in 13 games and started in two. The senior midfielder has five points on the season (4g, 1a).
- No. 28 Ryan Hastings (Bishop’s School ’16) has played in seven games. The sophomore middie scored one goal.
- No. 45 David McCann (Palos Verdes ’15) is a junior goalie who has seen limited action in three games this year.