SMCHS is looking for a Girls Lacrosse Head Coach who will also serve as a Contract Substitute Teacher.
Head Coach duties include but are not limited to:
- Direct and coordinate the planning, organizing and coaching of the SMCHS Lacrosse team. Furthermore, overseeing lower level coaches and their responsibilities.
- Provide a positive environment for student-athletes to excel in.
- Always look presentable in athletic or professional dress.
- Be prepared and on time for practice and game competitions.
- Provide leadership and instruction in the personal and athletic development of student athletes.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of the Lacrosse Staff in the planning, organizing and coaching of the SMCHS team and to follow league and CIF policies and regulations.
- Direct the Lacrosse Staff in the preparation of analysis of opponent teams; analyze game statistics and tactical data of opponents and prepare game plans accordingly.
- Counsel team members in academics, disciplinary and personal matters; consult with administration and faculty for resolution of problems as required.
- Determine fiscal requirements and prepare budgetary recommendations, monitor, verify and reconcile expenditures of budgeted funds.
- Direct various personnel functions including, but not limited to, hiring, merit recommendations, promotions, transfers and vacation schedules.
- Study, evaluate and implement innovations in specific sport strategy and equipment.
- Represent the SMCHS Athletic Department in professional, civic, charity and alumni events.
- Attend and coordinate annual evaluations, in writing, of all the coaches and discuss with AD and administration.
- Act as facilitator and arbitrator in problems or conflicts arising among staff, athletics and parents.
- Oversee the scheduling, coordinating and supervising of athletic competitions.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Head Coach Experience in Girls Lacrosse
- Previous Playing Experience
- Club Experience
Interested candidates must submit a resume and an SMCHS Certificated application.
Application deadline November 2, 2018
SMCHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer