San Diego State University Men’s Lacrosse Club is seeking a Head Coach. The following position announcement was posted by SDSU this week. Candidates should contact SDSU directly using the information provided in the announcement.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Under the direction of the AS/SDSU Sport Club Coordinator, the Head Coach for the men’s lacrosse team will be responsible for the following duties: planning and administration; design and implementation practice schedules and training schemes; directing and supervising assistant coaches with daily training schemes; coordination and submission of competition schedule; coordination of team travel; coordination of member recruitment and retention efforts; alumni engagement; and promotion and marketing of the men’s lacrosse program. The position averages 20-25 hours per week and requires availability for morning, evening, and weekend hours, including home and away competitions.
The Men’s Lacrosse Head Coach is responsible for the enforcement of rules, policies, and procedures as outlined in the Sport Club Handbook as well as all duties associated with coaching a collegiate competitive club program. The successful candidate will be expected to enforce and comply with all policies and procedures established by Associated Students/SDSU, the Sport Club Program, the Southwestern Lacrosse Conference (SLC), and the Men’s Collegiate Lacrosse Association (MCLA) while serving as a positive role model for the program and SDSU.
- Demonstrated commitment to student success and ability to recruit, train, and evaluate collegiate student athletes
- Have a strong coaching background with an emphasis on skill development and leadership
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work effectively with student athletes, team officers, coaches, administrators and alumni
- 1-2 years of experience coaching a competitive league
- Commitment to adhere to all the policies, rules, and regulations of Associated Students/SDSU, SLC, and MCLA
- Must have or be able to attain AED, CPR and First-Aid certifications through the American Red Cross or other nationally recognized organization (on-line courses are excluded)
APPLICATION PROCESS: Interested candidates can apply online at https://as.sdsu.edu/jobs/jobs.php by referencing Men’s Lacrosse Head Coach; submit letter of interest, resume, and a list of three coaching references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application will be reviewed and qualified applicants will be interviewed. Priority consideration will be given to applications received by July 15, 2016. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
CONTACT: For more information regarding the position, contact the Men’s Lacrosse representative at email@example.com and/or the Aztec Alumni Lacrosse Foundation President at firstname.lastname@example.org.