The boys’s lacrosse head coach position at San Clemente High School is open and the program is actively seeking qualified candidates interested in the position.
Brad Reppert, who coached the team for the past two seasons, is moving back to Maryland with his family and stepped down just after the season wrapped up. In two seasons, Reppert guided the Tritons to a 23-16 mark and back-to-back CIF quarterfinal appearances. This past season, SC went 13-7 and were the undefeated South Coast League champions.
San Clemente is recognized as one of the premier public school lacrosse programs and is looking to fill this position as soon as possible.
Desired Professional Qualifications
- Previous head coaching experience.
- Ability to provide leadership and organization for all levels of the high school program.
- Ability to manage the program within the established philosophy and policies of the athletic department, the school, and this district.
- A high level of knowledge in regard to lacrosse skills.
- A high level of knowledge in regard to coaching techniques and evidence of the ability to convey effectively those techniques to young student-athletes.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all elements of the school community.
- Experience in promoting a successful program to students, faculty, and community.
Desired Personal Qualifications
- Skill in working with people in a positive nature.
- Places high emphasis on student academic, personal and social development in addition to physical development.
- Motivates and inspires student-athletes and coaches throughout the program.
Coaching Duties and Responsibilities
- Works to develop and maintain a successful program including in-season, off-season, and summer programs.
- Establishes seasonal and long-range goals for the program.
- Leads the lower level coaches and assistants in a manner in line with the athletic department and school district policies.
- Maintains open lines of communication with administration and promotes the policies of the athletic department.
- Acts as a liaison between the school and community to promote a positive program.
- Creates an environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Coaches individual participants, small groups, and the team, as appropriate, in the skills necessary for achievement in the sport.
- Teaches the fundamentals of the sport in a manner that provides opportunities for all athletes to learn and improve.
- Maintains open lines of communication with head coach, players, parents, and administration.
Walk-on, coaching-only position.
In-Season Stipend: $3,500. Off-Season Stipend Available.