Victory Lacrosse announced this week that former Princeton Great Holly McGarvie has been named the Director of Victory Girls Lacrosse. The following is from the Victory Lacrosse Press Release.
Regarding the new role, Reilly said, “I want to thank Victory Lacrosse for this exciting opportunity. I see and hear about the reputation that Victory Lacrosse has developed on the boys side and I look forward to the opportunity to do the same for the girls. I have played multiple sports my entire life including during my career Princeton and I believe firmly in what youth sports can do for girls and young women. I am thrilled to accept the position as Victory Lacrosse Women’s Director. I appreciate the opportunity to work with your daughters and look forward to maximizing their athletic growth and overall human potential as well as developing a strong team community. Please feel free to contact me and get ready for an exciting winter season!”
“Girls Lacrosse is such an exciting sport and we are thrilled that Holly will bring great coaching and proven mentorship to the girls side of Victory Lacrosse. As you will see from her vast accomplishments, I could not have dreamed of a finer person to put in charge of our young Victory Girls Lacrosse Program,” said Victory Director Glen Miles. Girls Lacrosse is exploding throughout Orange County, throughout California and the entire United States. The University of Southern California Women’s lacrosse team will enter its first NCAA Varsity season this spring. With the interest and awareness that the USC Women’s Team will bring to the girl’s game, Victory is poised and ready to grow the girls game. Holly and Victory Lacrosse will be hosting introductory girls lacrosse clinics to allow local girls to see if they would like to give her and this great game a try!
Holly McGarvie Reilly-
- US National Lacrosse Team
- Princeton University Varsity Lacrosse and Varsity Field Hockey
- United States Women’s Lacrosse Team player earning 2009 Federation of International Lacrosse World Cup Gold Medal
- Princeton University field hockey and lacrosse player and co-captain earning University’s 2009 Scholar-Athlete Award given to five female graduates for excellence in academics and athletics
- 1st Team All-American Lacrosse honors 2008, 2009
- Mari J. Schleuning Award Winner, Princeton University 2012
- Lacrosse Ivy League Co-Player of the Year, Princeton University 2009
- Emily Goodfellow Award Winner, Princeton University 2009
- Aimee Willard Award Winner, United States Lacrosse Association 2008
- Field Hockey Ivy League Champions, Princeton University 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
- Lacrosse Ivy League Co-Champions, Princeton University 2006
- Lacrosse Ivy League Rookie of the Year, Princeton University 2006