Stuart Pollard (St. Margaret’s ’19) is one of 17 newcomers who were recently welcomed to the Holy Cross Crusaders by men’s lacrosse head coach Peter Burke . Pollard is the only Californian in the incoming group of 15 freshmen and two upperclassmen. He joins Kevin Kodzis (Foothill ’16) and Louis Fiacco (Great Oak ’18) on the roster.
“We are thrilled to announce and welcome the class of 2023 and the newcomers to Holy Cross and to the men’s lacrosse program,” said head coach Peter Burke. “This is a particularly talented group of great young men that will positively impact the team on and off the field for the next four years. We are excited to welcome this great group of student-athletes as we continue to prepare for the upcoming 2020 season.”
The newcomers are comprised of three defenders, three long stick midfielders, five midfielders, five attackers, and Pollard, the only face off specialist.
42 | Stuart Pollard | 5-11 | 165 | FO/M | San Clemente, Calif./ St. Margaret’s Episcopal School
- Played four seasons of varsity lacrosse
- Captained the team in 2019
- 2019 national record holder for most faceoff wins in a single game (94%)
- Holds the California record for most faceoff wins in a season (385/472)
- Orange County high school boys lacrosse player of the year in 2019
- Picked up over 130 ground balls in 2017 and 2018 seasons to earn consecutive ‘Mr. Hustle’ awards
- Selected as an All-County honorable mention in 2017 and consecutive first-team selections in 2018 and 2019
- Led his team to a Southern Section championship in 2019
- Helped his team to consecutive 2018 and 2019 county championships
- Played club lacrosse for Victory Lacrosse, So Cal Express, and Blue Chip National Team
- Invited to the national faceoff academy showcase and placed 8th out of 60 regional qualifiers.