The Palos Verdes girls lacrosse team is starting to find its identity after rattling off back-to-back dominating wins over Agoura and Peninsula this week.
Junior midfielder McKenzie Olsen continues to pace the Sea Kings. She scored seven points (6g, 1a) in PV’s 15-5 win over Agoura and followed that up with a 10-point outing (7g, 3a) to lead PV to a 17-2 win over cross-town and Bay League rival Peninsula. Olsen’s contributions were not limited to just one end of the field. She also chipped in with seven clean draw controls and four caused turnovers.
Sophomore Harper Skeie was also a key contributor this week. She dominated the draw circle with 14 clean draw winsanbd six assists between the two games, notched a hat-trick vs Agoura, and added four more goals vs the Panthers.
Adding to the scoring for the Sea Kings were:
- Emily Typrowicz (Jr) – 2g vs Agoura + 2g + 1a vs Pen
- Mia Fitzpatrick (So.) – 2g vs Agoura + 2g vs Pen
- Zoe Dearborn (So.) – 1g vs Agoura + 1g vs Pen
- Sophia Aguirre (So.) – 1g vs Pen
- Sarah “Sparky” Park (Fr.) – 1g vs Agoura + 1a vs Pen
- Jill Martz (So.) – 1g vs Pen
The Sea Kings take on Chaminade and the Nuchow twins on Wednesday and Oak Park on Friday. Then they head up to Pasadena on Saturday March to defend their 2019 Rose Bowl Jamboree championship.