SF’s Olympic Club Claims Post-Collegiate State Title


Riley Chester of St. Margaret’s Commits to Monmouth

Chester finished his junior year with 33 goals and 17 assists.

Julian Jenkins of Los Alamitos commits to Holy Cross

Jenkins was an All Sunset League First Teamer team and Griffins captain this past spring.

St. Margaret’s Hires Megan Armes as girls lacrosse coach

St. Margaret's Episcopal School recently announced the hiring of...

West Genesee More Than Just a Lacrosse Drill

It was 1984, and Syracuse freshman and starting midfielder...


The Olympic Club of San Francisco won its second consecutive state championship in the men’s post-collegiate lacrosse league, beating San Diego’s 40 Thieves 12-8 on Saturday at Serra High School.

Last year, Olympic needed overtime to beat the Beverly Hills Bucks in the state championship game. This year, Olympic opened up a big lead midway through the game and won comfortably behind a roster featuring the likes of Jimmy Bitter (North Carolina), Nick Stinn (Notre Dame) and Corona del Mar alum Ryan Mix (Notre Dame).

Stinn opened the scoring four minutes into the game off a Thieves turnover, taking a long clearing pass and redirecting it into the goal to put O Club up 1-0. The Thieves answered just a minute later on a goal from Spencer Robertson (Oregon) and we were tied 1-1.

Stinn scored again a few minutes later to put Olympic up 2-1, but Dakota Rohlin (Jacksonville) took a feed from Robertson and brought the Thieves even once again, 2-2.

Bitter picked up a loose ball on the doorstep and stuffed it, giving O Club a 3-2 lead at the end of the first quarter. Olympic had a slight edge at the face-off dot, going 3-of-5, but goalie Derrick Kravitz kept 40 Thieves in the game with six saves in the quarter.

The teams traded goals in the first part of the second quarter, with Matty Gillan (Sonoma State) pulling the Thieves even at 3-3 and Stinn scoring his third of the game off the ensuing face-off to put O Club up 4-3. The Thieves’ Robertson scored less than two minutes later, making it 4-4, but Olympic Club struck again on a goal from Billy Mattimore (Bucknell) to make it 5-4.

The next 20 minutes or so of clock time, though, belonged to the O Club. Olympic outscored Thieves 3-1 to close out the first half with an 8-5 lead, then outscored Thieves 3-1 in the third period to carry an 11-6 margin into the fourth.

The Thieves scored the first two goals of the fourth to make it 11-8 with five minutes left, but Olympic added a final goal with three minutes to play to close it out.