Orange County girls lacrosse kept its title as champion of the LA/OC Shootout at Laguna Hills on Saturday. The 4th annual lacrosse tournament features Orange County teams facing off against out-of-county squads in a battle for regional supremacy.This year, Orange County teams won 11 times vs. opponents from Los Angeles and surrounding areas. Teams representing LA won nine times vs. their Shootout
foes. O.C. Teams have won the battle four straight years.
A 2014 twist on the LA/OC concept saw neither the O.C. representative (Trabuco Hills) nor the L.A. rep (Redondo Union) beat the tournament “wild
card” — visiting defending Texas state champion and perennial lacrosse powerhouse St. John’s of Houston.
* St. John¹s beat Redondo, 16-0, and Trabuco Hills, 15-3.
* Host Laguna Hills beat Mira Costa, 11-10, and
* Downey beat Sage Hill, 9-7, and San Juan Hills, 7-4.
* Glendale beat Dana Hills, 6-4, and El Dorado, 9-6.
* Oak Park beat El Toro, 18-3, and Mission Viejo, 19-10.
* San Clemente beat Downey, 13-6, and Peninsula, 16-4.
* Temecula Valley beat Mission Viejo, 15-12, and St Margaret¹s, 9-5.
* Trabuco Hills beat Redondo, 8-4, and Mira Costa, 13-1.
* El Dorado beat Peninsula, 10-8.
* El Toro beat Thacher, 19-10.
* Redondo beat Dana Hills, 10-7.
* Sage Hill beat La Canada, 14-2.
* San Juan Hills beat La Canada, 13-11.
* St. Margaret¹s beat Thacher, 16-9.