The Oak Park girls lacrosse program, defending champion in the US Lacrosse Southern Section North tournament, is seeking a head coach to replace Courtney Schneck, who returned to live on the East Coast after leading the Eagles for four years.
The Oak Park girls went 65-19 in four seasons under Schneck’s leadership.
From the job posting:
Oak Park High School Girls Lacrosse has an open position for Varsity Head Coach. Girls Lacrosse at Oak Park High School is a well-established and extremely successful program.
Program achievements include:
- Ranked #110 in US, #10 in CA in 2016 by MaxPreps
- 2016 US Lacrosse Los Angeles Area Champions; Runners-Up in 2015, 2014 and 2013
- Three US Lacrosse All-Americans in 2016
- Two US Lacrosse Academic All-Americans in 2016; Five US Academic Lacrosse All-Americans in 2015
- Prior Head Coach named 2016 US Lacrosse Greater Los Angeles Coach of the Year
- Six 2016 graduates currently playing NCAA Lacrosse
The high school and the community are very committed to Girls Lacrosse. The team is returning a number of highly skilled players and welcomes a strong group of experienced freshmen and transfers. Additionally, there is a strong youth program which provides a pipeline of players for future years. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be involved in that program as well.
We are seeking a well-qualified candidate to continue this high-performing program and motivate and develop this group of skilled and dedicated athletes.
- Be a positive role model to the players
- Attend all practices and games
- Design a program that will allow students to develop and increase skills
- Prepare athletes for game play
- Provide instruction during practices and games to all players
- Collaborate with high school Administration and LA area coaches as necessary to support the program
- Optional: Involvement with the area youth program and/or off-season club play.
Requirements for Employment:
- Prior lacrosse playing and/or coaching experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of the rules and strategies of the game of Women’s Lacrosse
- Demonstrated leadership and motivational skills
- Successfully passing a criminal background check
Annual stipend will be paid. For more information, please contact Mike Sheehan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 818-636-4010.