Corona del Mar received 27 of the 29 first place first votes to maintain its hold on the no. 1 spot. Foothill and St. Margaret’s each received one first place vote while maintaining at no. 2 and no. 3, respectively. In fact, there was no movement at all in the top eight. Below that however there were some big changes.
Some of the more noteworthy changes:
- Newport Harbor has won four of their last five games, good enough to move up two spots to no. 9;
- Aliso Niguel and Servite have been struggling lately and the coaches took note. Servite dropped five spots to no. 15. The Wolverines dropped four spots to no. 16;
- Los Alamitos, El Toro, and Beckman each moved up three positions to the no. 11,12, and 13 respectively;
- Dana Hills (9-1) dropped one position to no. 14 despite their record. The coaches are apparently questioning their strength of schedule. The Dolphins have a chance to rebut when they play El Toro this week; and
- First year CIF team Santiago (8-2) moved up to no. 18. Can the Sharks continue to win and contend for an at-large playoff spot?
The rankings are provided below.