Our look at girls lacrosse players to watch in the 2018 season wraps up with a long list of young players — sophomores who already have had an impact on their teams and freshmen who are ready to establish themselves.
Here is a list of sophomores and freshmen to watch in 2018, compiled using 2017 accomplishments and nominations or recommendations from coaches:
Brooke Tokushige, Redondo Union
A sophomore attacker, Tokushige started every game for the Sea Hawks last year as a freshman. She was the team’s fourth-leading scorer with 58 points (35g, 23a), earning second-team All-Bay League honors for the North Division champs.
Isabel Lawrence, Royal
As a freshman, Lawrence anchored a defense that allowed only 6.6 goals per game as Royal went 14-4 and reached the second round of the playoffs. She was credited with 115 saves 18 games.
Shelby Tilton, Westlake
Tilton amassed 51 goals, 12 assists and 104 ground balls as a freshman, earning first-team All-Marmonte League and All-Northern Division honors despite missing five games with an injury left over from soccer season.
Also Worth Watching
Players listed alphabetically by grade.
- Chelsea Boots, midfielder, Agoura: Scored 25 goals as a freshman.
- Erin Buchanan, midfielder, La Canada: “Incredibly hard-working player; developing and growing very quickly into a key leader.”
- Graesen Campbell, attacker, Oak Park
- Clare Daly, defender, Agoura: First-team All-Marmonte; honorable mention All-Northern; 36 ground balls, 22 caused turnovers.
- Riley deVareness, defender, Oak Park
- Erin Duffy, midfielder, Newbury Park” Recorded 57g and 24a as a freshman, earning first-team All-Marmonte League. Also led the Panthers with 62 ground balls and won 58 percent of her draws.
- Quinn Fitzgerald, M/D, Chaminade: All-Northern as a freshman defender; now moving to midfield.
- Aubrey Fixen, goalie, Palos Verdes
- Kailee Follette, midfielder, Westlake: Compiled 21g, 4a and 74gb in 17 games last season.
- Paige Freer, attacker, Chadwick
- Jess Jewel, attacker, La Canada: “Experienced player with solid stick skills; has the skill needed to convert feeds into goals.”
- Jessica Kim, defender, Mira Costa
- Maile Kuo, attacker, Newbury Park
- Lily Vancans, goalie, Palos Verdes
- Audrey Houghton, midfielder, Chaminade
- Audrey Loo, defender, Marlborough School
- Sophia Loparco, attacker, Oak Park
- Skyla Park, defender, La Canada
- Josette Segismundo, attacker, La Canada
Who’d we miss (or whose coach didn’t tip us off about a player worth watching)? Let us know in the comments below.