Former Foothill attack Kevin Kodzis is one of 11 freshmen to be added to the Holy Cross men’s lacrosse roster for the 2016/17 academic year. Kodzis will wear no. 20 for the Crusaders. He is the only Californian in a class that also includes players from Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Jersey, Maryland and New York.
Kodzis earned four varsity letters at Foothill and was a three-time All County selection. He captained the Knights in 2016 and finished his career with 186 career points. He also was an All American his senior year and played on the Under Armour West Team in 2015. Kodzis joins senior Jack Ortlieb (Corona del Mar) on the Crusaders’ roster. Ortlieb tallied 10 points in 12 games for the Crusaders last season.
Holy Cross plays in the Patriot League with Army, Boston University, Bucknell, Colgate, Lafayette, Lehigh, Loyola and Navy. The Crusaders finished 2016 with a 3-5 league record and 4-11 overall record.
Kodzis’ bio from the GoHolyCross website is below:
Before Holy Cross:
- Four-year member of the varsity lacrosse team at Foothill High School for coach Jon Fox
- Captained the team his senior year
- Named US Lacrosse All-American in 2016 and All-County in 2016, 2015 and 2014
- Under Armour Underclassmen All-American
- Team won CIF Championship in 2014
- Picked up 104 ground balls, scored 123 goals, tallied 63 assists for 186 career points
- Member of the West Coast Starz club team for coach Jono Zissi
- Son of Kevin and Lynne Kodzis
- Father played football at Boston University
- Has one brother (Trevor) and one sister (Karly)
- Has not yet declared a major