Want to take your lacrosse game to the next level? Victory Sports Performance shares this quick tip on speed that will change your game with a little training. We all want to get fast and have that first explosive step on our opponent, here is how. The objective of this exercise is to limit time spent on the ground and develop and elastic response in the ankle joint.
In today’s tip a group of middle school boys (Ages 12-14 Accelerated Performance class) demonstrates the Ankling – Quick Steps Drill. Click on the video above to watch.
Beginning with a walk, with each small step taken, step no higher than the top of the opposite ankle. Emphasize the ankles remaining dorsiflexed throughout the drill. The look and the feel is a quick-shuffle action. As the tempo increases, an elastic response in the ankle increases. Arms and legs should be active with the elbows loosely positioned at 90 degrees. The focus is on limiting the time spent on the ground. Athletes should be instructed to listen to their step and try not to make a scuffing noise with their shoes.
Verbal Cues: “toes up,” “quick feet,” “hot ground,” and “fast shuffle.”
Victory Sports Performance is an industry leader in providing advanced sports performance training for boys and girls ages 12-15+ in all sports and skill levels.
- Devoted to training and inspiring athletes to realize their potential through advanced training programs, scientifically designed to maximize human sports performance.
- Help develop athletes that physically outlast and out perform their opponents, and are more mentally prepared to handle the stress of high-level competition.
- Offers athletes from ages 12-15+, semi-private and team-based sports performance training designed to help them increase speed, power and agility, while reducing the risk of sports-related injuries.
Training is offered at the Victory Athletic Center (The VAC), in San Juan Capistrano — the premier outdoor sports facility of its kind in Orange County where professional coaches offer athletes of all ages in a variety of sports a competitive edge.
About the Victory Athletic Center
The Victory Athletic Center’s mission is to provide high quality, budget friendly experiences for youth and adult sport programming in a safe and professional environment, year-round. The VAC is a state-of-the-art outdoor sports facility in San Juan Capistrano. The complex includes the latest and most innovative in sports surfaces, as well as many amenities to accommodate any kind of group. The fully lit venue houses two (2) lined athletic fields consisting of:
- A synthetic turf field surrounded by dasher boards and sports glass, team benches, separate penalty boxes, measuring 200’ x 85’ (equivalent to a standard-sized NHL rink).
- A fully equipped dedicated performance training area designed for individual and team sport specific development.
The VAC has become the “go to” place for the community and local athletes to play and train for baseball, field hockey, football, lacrosse, rugby, soccer, softball, and other team-centric sports and activities, all while enjoying themselves in safety and comfort.
Let the VAC host your team, a unique sports party or an event of your choosing.
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (949) 276-8929.