Peter Henkhaus of Palos Verdes and Josh Williamson of Redondo Union each scored goals for Marquette on Saturday, highlighting a long list of LA-area contributing at the college level.
• Visiting Marquette blasted Jacksonville 17-1 in its opener, with redshirt freshman Josh Williamson (Redondo Union ’15) and Peter Henkhaus (Palos Verdes ’16) each contributing a goal. Henkhaus also collected two ground balls.
For Jacksonville, freshman Brett Reilly (Westlake ’16) started at attack but didn’t score on four shots. He was credited with one ground ball.
• Jarrett Jones (Palos Verdes ’16) started at close defense for Georgetown and picked up five ground balls in a 16-10 loss to Notre Dame. Earlier in the week, Jones made his collegiate debut and picked up five ground balls and caused two turnovers in a 9-3 loss to High Point.
• Stanny Gilbertson (Palos Verdes ’15) helped Hobart defeat Siena 16-15 with a goal, two assists and four ground balls.
• Shayne Sharp (Palos Verdes, ’16), another former Sea King, started at defense for Lafayette on Friday and caused two turnovers. The Panthers lost to Wagner 9-8.
• St. John’s senior middie Nick Heller (Beverly Hills ’13) had a goal and a ground ball in the Red Storm’s 14-5 loss at Stony Brook. Freshman Erik Suh (St. Margaret’s ’16) won 5 of 7 face-offs and collected one ground ball.
• Nick Bauer (Mater Dei ’16) had 3 groundballs and one caused turnover to help Princeton defeat NJIT 22-8. Philip Thompson (Harvard Westlake ’16) was 3-for-3 on faceoffs and recovered two ground balls.
• Junior defender JJ Ntshaykolo (Thacher ’13) had three ground balls and two caused-turnovers in Brown’s 25-9 season-opening win over Quinnipiac. Jason Simaan (Corona del Mar ’16) went 1-for-4 as a reserve face-off specialist for the Bears.
• Senior Grant Consoletti (Oak Park ’12) picked up one assist in UMass’ season-opening 8-7 loss at Ohio State.
• Captain Jack Vonarb (Crespi Carmelite, ’12) had a nine-point week. Vonarb led Rollins to a 12-6 win over Young Harris on Sunday, notching four goals and an assist for a team-high five points. He followed that up with a four-point (3g, 1a) outing in a 14-12 loss to Lenoir-Ryne on Saturday.