Harvard Westlake is looking for a qualified boys JV head & assistant lacrosse coach for the coming 2018-19 school year and beyond.
Harvard Westlake is an independent, coeducational and college preparatory school for grades 7-12, located in Los Angeles, California. Harvard Westlake strives to be a diverse and inclusive community united by the joyful pursuit of educational excellence, living and learning with integrity, and purpose beyond ourselves.
On the lacrosse field, Harvard Westlake finished last season with an 11-8 record playing one of the most competitive schedules in Southern California. Harvard Westlake was a Mission League finalist as well as an LA Region semifinalist in 2018.
- Playing experience: Collegiate level NCAA or MCLA playing preferred.
- Coaching Style: Ability to work positively with staff and players.
- History: Previous coaching experience preferred but is not mandatory.
- Timeline: Mandatory Start Date Jan. 10.
- Season Dates: Jan. 10-May 15.
- Schedule: Must attend practices and games Monday-Friday, as well as some weekends. Must have availability roughly from 2 p.m.-8 p.m., Monday-Friday.
Dependent on qualifications but among the highest in the area, as well as additional support in coaching preparation. All equipment will be supplied, to make practice most efficient (cones, balls, multiple goals, etc.). Harvard Westlake is a Nike-sponsored school. All coaches are outfitted in Nike gear.