- Returning starters: We are excited to have seven returning starters this season.
- Program is growing: Last year was our biggest year thus far. Going into our fifth year, we anticipate 45-55 at our tryouts this November. We’ll have 45-50 between JV and varsity this spring, which is another big step for us.
- Fall-ball numbers: We have about 28 players on our fall-ball team this year, mostly freshmen, with a few upperclassmen.
- Off the field: Last year we started our “Pioneers in the Community” program, volunteering at events at local elementary schools and a couple other non-profit organization events. This year we continue with that, beginning at the Relay For Life event in Simi Valley Oct. 1-2.
- Team goals for 2017: Our goal is to continue getting better fundamentally and to just win more games than we lose! Most importantly, have fun.
things to know about the Pioneers: