Last spring, the Palos Verdes girls finished 7-6 in the regular season and earned the No. 7 seed in the US Lacrosse Southern Section North playoffs. They finished 8-7 overall for the program’s first winning record in three seasons.
All-American Landry Carrera and Academic All-American Alexandra Forsey were among the key seniors to graduate in the spring, but as coach Marissa Hewitt points out in these five things to watch, the Sea Kings return most of their roster:
- We graduated six seniors but will be returning most of our varsity squad, including 10 sophomores who made varsity as freshmen.
- We have two sets of twins on varsity; and no, as far as we know, they do not have their own language.
- Our team usually practices on a small grass off-campus field that we affectionately call “lacrosse heaven.”
- Last year 50 percent of our varsity team were two- (or three-!) sport athletes. This year’s percentage will be slightly lower.
- We have some great nicknames: Crease Lightning, Malibu, Kenny G … and we haven’t even gotten to the new girls yet!
— Palos Verdes GLAX (@PVGLAX) August 16, 2016