Orange County lacrosse will continue its bullish upward trend when seven local boys’ lacrosse players represent the West in the Under Armour All-American Underclassmen Tournament on July 11-13 in Baltimore. Dakota Rohlin (Great Oak High School, Jacksonville University) opened the door for local players when he was selected to play for the West in the 2011 tournament. After a dry spell in 2012, Peyton Garrett (San Clemente High School, High Point University) and Hayden Ruiz (Santa Margarita Catholic High School and Boston University) made sure the door stayed open when they played in the prestigious tournament in 2013. This year, five rising seniors and two rising juniors broke the door down when it was announced that the Magnificent Seven will make up 29% of the West’s 24-man roster, Corona del Mar High School will make up 12.5% of the West’s 24-man roster, and the Crance family will make up 8% of the West’s 24-man roster.
The OC players representing the West are:
- Hoyt Crance, rising senior, Corona del Mar High School, goalie
- Hugh Crance, rising senior, Corona del Mar High School, defense
- Payton Fales, rising junior, St. Margaret’s Episcopal School, goalie
- Nate Marano, rising senior, Foothill High School, attack
- Jake Schleppy, rising senior, JSerra Catholic High School, midfield
- Jason Simaan, rising junior, Corona del Mar High School, face-off
- Jimmy Yanes, rising senior, JSerra Catholic High School, attack
Check back with MaxLaxOC.com as we keep you up to date on all the happenings in Baltimore July 11-13.