The Beckman High School boys’ lacrosse program is seeking an Assistant Varsity/JV head coach. The position is to begin in November and extends through the end of the school year in June.
Arnold O. Beckman High School (Beckman) opened in August 2004 and is located in the city of Irvine, in the heart of Orange County. Beckman services the residential communities of Tustin, Irvine, and Santa Ana and proudly educates a diverse ethnic and socioeconomic community. The community is an active and supportive one with tremendous involvement in the school’s many support organizations. Beckman High School competes in the Pacific Coast League.
Program Mission Statement
Beckman Patriot lacrosse will always embody a skill and team-oriented style of play that rivals or surpasses that of any school in our area. The goal of the program is to build a highly competitive team with a yearly goal of winning a Pacific Coast League Championship and competing in the CIF Playoffs. The lacrosse program will provide each player with a great experience from which he can take valuable life lessons. Players can use these lessons to become productive and valuable members of society.
Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to coaching duties, both coaches will officially represent the program to the broader lacrosse community.
- attendance at all games and practices
- an organized, consistent warm-up routine
- an organized sideline during practice and games
- teaching offense/defense strategies and insist that players learn them, using techniques to ensure that all players learn plays, including off ball movement
- holding to team rules of playing players who attend practice regularly and enforcing attendance
- participating in an awards ceremony at the end of season
- open communication with players
- following the practice plan; purpose behind all drills
- maintaining a positive/reinforcing attitude toward the team
- preparing players to play at the next level
The Patriot Way: Player conduct is extremely important to the program. Players and coaches are expected to maintain a professional decorum at all times, honoring the sport, our opponents, the officials, the school and its representatives, and ourselves.
Time Commitment: Scheduling, while at the discretion of the coach, must be reasonably balanced for both academic and athletic consideration. Historical scheduling as follows:
- Winter Trimester – Three practices/week, weight training twice weekly, tournaments
- Spring Trimester – Daily practice, weight training 3x/week, season schedule
The applicant must possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- College lacrosse experience as a player.
- Commitment to attend all scheduled practices and games.
A stipend established by the Tustin Unified School District will be earned from the start date and paid in accordance with TUSD policies assuming compliance with the commitment, duties, and responsibilities noted above.
How and where to apply
Please send a coaching resume and a cover letter that responds to the experiences and abilities you have that meet the minimum and desirable qualifications. Also, please provide three references.
Applicants selected for an interview will be notified with a telephone call. Applicants not selected for an interview will be notified by email.
Please submit application packets consisting of the following to: BeckmanBoysLax@gmail.com
1. Coaching Resume
2. Cover Letter
3. Three References
INCOMPLETE APPLICATION PACKETS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
The Tustin Unified School District is a drug-free workplace. The district verifies that all new employees are either U.S. citizens or aliens authorized to work in the U.S., in conformance with the 1986 Immigration and Control Act. Potential employees should be aware that smoking is prohibited in many areas of the district facilities.
The Tustin Unified School District is an EEO/AA employer