The Beach Burn (greater Long Beach area) is looking for high school lacrosse players (9th – 12th grade) to play on its Pacific Lacrosse League team. Players need not be associated with any particular high school. Even with the rapid growth of lacrosse over the 10 years, less than 20 percent of all high schools in the CIF Southern Section offer CIF-sponsored lacrosse. The Pacific Lacrosse League provides a solution for the remaining 80 percent, a Southern California Club Lacrosse League.
The Beach Burn are coached by Tim Fox. In addition to being the Director of Beach Cities Youth Lacrosse , Fox is the head coach at University of California-Irvine. He is a New York native and graduated from Bryant University in 2004. Sterling McDowell-Ashe assists Fox.