DESIRED PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous coaching experience desired but not necessary.
- Ability to provide leadership and organization within the guidelines and expectations of the school and
- Ability to manage within the established philosophy and policies of the athletic department, the school, this
district, and the CIF.
- A high level of knowledge in regard to coaching techniques and evidence of the ability to convey effectively
those techniques to young student-athletes.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all elements of the school community including players, parents, other
coaches, umpires, and school administration.
- Willingness to participate in an off-season program.
- Experience in promoting a successful program to students, faculty, and community.
DESIRED PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Skill in working with people in a positive nature.
- Places high emphasis on student academic and social development in addition to physical development.
- Motivates and inspires student-athletes and coaches throughout the program.
COACHING DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Provides assistance and direction (as needed) in multiple phases of a successful program including in-season,
off-season, and summer programs.
- Work with-in the established seasonal and long-range goals for the program.
- Working with and support all necessary fundraising efforts.
- Maintains open lines of communication with administration and promotes the policies of the athletic
- Acts as a liaison between the school and community to promote a positive program.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Stipend: TBD
- Start Date: Upon clearance as required and Board approval
Procedures in the Selection Process
- Applicants should send a letter of intent and resume to Gary Walin, Assistant Principal of Athletics, via mail at Thousand Oaks High School, 2323 N Moorpark Rd, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360, or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The application deadline will be open until filled.
- Upon completion of preliminary screening, interviews will be conducted
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: 504 Compliance Notice [CFR Title 34 104.8(a)(b)] The Conejo Valley Unified School District complies with the rules and regulations implementing Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. The District does not discriminate in admission, access, or employment in its programs or activities. Questions or complaints regarding the existence and location of services, activities, and facilities should be addressed to the Director of Student Services, 1400 East Janss Road, Thousand Oaks, CA 91362-
2198. If you have special needs, please contact the Classified Personnel Office at (805) 497-9511, extension 204