The Orange County Chapter of US Lacrosse brings NCAA Division 1 women’s lacrosse powerhouses Duke and USC to the Orange County Winter Invitational on February 20. Adding local interest to the game are Foothill Coach Kate Hick and her goalie Hannah Upshaw. Hick was an All-American at Duke from 1998-2001. Upshaw is committed to play for USC beginning this fall. Coach Hick guarantees a Blue Devil victory and bolsters her case with Five Reasons Why Duke Will Win the OCWI:
- Duke beat USC last year in the second round of the NCAA tournament, went to the Final Four, and according to Inside Lacrosse, has a pre-season ranking of #4…as opposed to the….let me keep scrolling down this website…oh yes, here is USC…is ranked with a pre-season ranking of #20.
- According to my History Degree, and wikipedia, Trojans don’t typically fare well in battles…(Remember, don’t let the horse into the locker room.)
- Duke just celebrated its 20th Year Anniversary. Through those 20 years, Duke has never slipped out of the top ten, won an ACC Championship and been to the Final Four numerous times. I think USC won some Bowl Games in the last twenty years.
- As part of a recent study on gender norms, University of Maryland sociologist Philip Cohen asked nearly 2,000 men and women a simple question: “What’s your favorite color?” Blue turned out to be most popular across the board, followed by green for men and purple for women. Funny I don’t see “Cardinal” and gold as even being on the list.
- Hannah, my goalie will understand this as a bonus: Duke’s goalie, Kelsey Duryea, led Duke to the semifinals last year. Compiled a 16-5 record while leading Duke to the NCAA semifinals … Earned second team All-South Region and All-ACC recognition in addition to being named a Tewaaraton Award nominee. Hannah are you going to refute a good goalie won’t make the difference?
Check back tomorrow when Hannah gets to respond!
Want to get in on the fun and take advantage of this rare opportunity to watch NCAA Division 1 Women’s lacrosse in Orange County? Tickets are on sale now, just click on the button below.