US Lacrosse last week announced that 128 teams and organizations across 45 states — including 10 programs in Southern California — have been selected as recipients of new First Stick Program grants.
Among the SoCal recipients were Temecula Valley High School Boys Lacrosse, Mission Hills High School Boys Lacrosse, Mira Mesa High School and Eleanor Roosevelt High School.
According to the news release, US Lacrosse will partner with these teams to provide comprehensive resources, including equipment, US Lacrosse membership and coaches education training, to assist them in becoming self-sustaining programs that operate by US Lacrosse’s national standards and best practices.
2017 SoCal First Stick Recipients
- Blasters Youth Lacrosse — Glendale
- Camarillo Academy of Progressive Education — Camarillo
- North Valley Military Institute Academy — Sun Valley
- Eleanor Roosevelt High School — Eastvale
- Hoover High Foundation — San Diego
- Longhorn Lacrosse — Vista
- Mira Mesa High School — San Diego
- Mission Hills High School Boys Lacrosse — San Marcos
- Santee Youth Lacrosse — Santee
- Temecula Valley High School Boys Lacrosse — Temecula
Here is the full news release and list of First Stick Grant recipients, via US Lacrosse.